Monday, December 10, 2007

Blueberry Antioxidant Breakfast

I’ve never been a breakfast eater. Formerly, as soon as I would eat anything, I would become so sleepy that I couldn’t function, so I would delay eating anything until about 3p.m. Since I am now 45, overweight, and out of shape, I’m trying to mend my ways and become a beacon of health. I’ve built up to 150 crunches in the morning followed by 5-20 minutes of exercise on the rebounder.
It’s a little known fact that if you eat less than 3 meals a day, your body won’t loose weight unless you are literally starving because it thinks you are starving.

So I now start my day with either fresh-juiced green drink from a mixture of wheatgrass and other green vegetables or this wonderful smoothie. With in four days of this regimen, I began to feel more energy and I no longer have the energy crash when I eat.
Blueberries are full of antioxidants, which destroy free radicals in your body. Kale is full of nutrient rich, energizing chlorophyll. In this recipe, you can omit the kale if you wish, but truthfully you will hardly taste it if you are brave enough to try.
Blueberry Smoothie

3 cups alkaline ionized water
½ bunch Kale
2 cups blueberries
½ cup raw almonds
½ cup pitted dates
1 vanilla bean whole or ½ tsp. Vanilla extract or 1 dropper vanilla Stevia and omit the dates.

Place water and Kale in blender and liquefy. Strain the green fiber from the water and return the water to the blender. (I compost the fiber in my garden.) Place the rest of the ingredients in blender and blend. This will make 3 or 4 smoothies. I buy the tea by Pom for its container, which is a great reusable drinking glass with a snap on lid. I save those and put any extra smoothies in them. They will save for about 3 days and all I have to do is shake them up and enjoy.

By Nedalee RuizNedalee is the author of The Desperate Parents Handbookhttp://www.desperateparent.com
To find out more about Ionized water, Nedalee recommends http://www.healingwatermachines.com
Copyright © 2007 By Nedalee RuizPermission granted to reproduce in entirety including credits and links only

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing to us your experience as well as the recipe about this healthy breakfast. There are really a lot of benefit that we can get to it like the antioxidant antiaging benefit. About the recipe I'm gonna try it and I'm sure it will give me a good result.

Chanson Water Ionizers - Health Insurance from your TAP