Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Healthy Wrap Recipe

I had only eaten one avocado in my life and didn't care for the bland taste. But when I found out that they are very alkalizing to the body and have up to 15 grams of protein I decided to give them a second try.

Here is a delicious wrap recipe that I made up along with some variations for a quick, healthy, high protein, lunch or snack.

1 tortilla (I use sprouted grain tortillas from the health food store.)
1/2 avocado
2 tbs humus or pesto
2 or 3 strips of red bell pepper or 1 slice of tomato
pinch salt or Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper Seasoning Blend by McCormick

Warm tortilla, spread humus or pesto, slice and ad avocado, sprinkle with spices of your choice, add red bell pepper or tomato slice. I usually cut the tomato slice into two halves as it fits better when you roll it up. Fold bottom of tortilla 1/4 of the way up. Fold over the left side 1/4 or so toward the center then roll it up like a burrito. Enjoy.

Consider adding sprouts for a variation.



Nedalee Thomas-Ruiz is the author of The Desperate Parents Handbook

No comments:

Chanson Water Ionizers - Health Insurance from your TAP